See Jefferson through the eyes of an artist
Jefferson Paint Out
Saturday June 27, 2020
The Arts Alliance of Greater Jefferson (AAGJ) is hosting a one day Paint Out in Jefferson Wisconsin on Saturday June 27, 2020 with a rain date of Sunday, June 28, 2020. These are our plans as of May 21st. As you all are aware, things are changing every day. Any necessary changes will be communicated quickly.
Participation and Check-In
- We request that you email Ellen at firstname.lastname@example.org of your intent to attend so we know can plan accordingly.
- There is no registration fee.
- Artists are invited to start painting anywhere in the greater Jefferson area starting at 8am. There is a Buckskin horseshow at the Jefferson County Fair Park on that day. There is no admission fee.
- We ask that you check in via text on the day of the event. Provide us with your name and the location where you are painting. This is so we can take pictures and promote Plein Air painting. Please text Ellen at 414-322-1440.
- Please follow social distancing guidelines while painting. We will inform our community members of this event and will ask them to respect these guidelines as well.
- There will not be any material stamping or check-in other than the text previously mentioned.
We are hoping to be able to display and sell your paintings at the “new” Stable Rock Winery and Distillery at 123 W Milwaukee St, Jefferson WI. Rob Lewis, owner, does not anticipate being open to the public by June 27th, however, he invites the artists to gather at his winery after the Paint Out. We would like to keep your paintings on display and for sale for approximately three weeks after his soft opening which is planned for July 4th weekend. I was recently in the building and it is absolutely an amazing space. Here are the guidelines for these plans.
Display and Gathering
- Each artist can turn in one framed painting. Please limit the material size to 144 square inches or under. You are not required to turn a painting in.
- Artists should turn in their painting at Stable Rock Winery and Distillery between 4:00-5:00pm.
- We will provide title cards at the winery that you can complete with the painting information and sale price.
- We will have panels for displaying the paintings.
- Artists and AAGJ Members will gather while paintings are being hung. Beverages and snacks will be provided.
- Artists will vote for one Artist Choice Award. The AAGJ will provide a gift for this award.
- AAGJ and Stable Rock Winery will encourage the community to come and view/purchase paintings during the winery open hours.
- AAGJ will retain 20% of the sale price of any sold painting.
- AAGJ will work with each artist to return any unsold painting by (date to be determined).
- Please follow social distancing guidelines during the reception.
- AAGJ reserves the right to limit participants.
2019 Best of Show – Marc Anderson
2019 Best Quick Paint – Beth Moran
2018 Best of Show – DK Palecek
2017 Best of Show – Brian Sindler